woman in black long sleeve shirt covering her face with her hands

In the article, “High School stress ” (McGraw Hill) i learn that student have been going through so much stress because of all the work that teachers give them or how they manage to get good grades. how finals can be one of the biggest stressful things ever, student want to do stuff that doesn’t make them lose energy or make lose interest in school. i truly believe that schools is the main reason why student have the most stress or losing their mindset and the lack of sleep because of school, i would say that student should consider their student mental health instead of grades and test/ homework.

This would be a big issue and it should be fixed. the way that their student actions or how they show up to school should be a way to know that they been going stress and need a break and teacher should be the ones to release some stress . i may be just a student but i do feel a big weight on teacher always wanting to put so much work on our back and not letting us get a break it can be one of the biggest ways to make my mental health to get wrose.

Tell me what do you think why student are stressing out is it because of school?

October 21, 2022 1:40 am

Dear Perla: 

I am fascinated with your post, “The stress of High School” because I believe that high school can be stressful especially when you don’t have a schedule that you can stay consistent with and like. I think that teachers should be able to help with the homework they give in class instead of doing it at home. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “the way that their student actions or how they show up to school should be a way to know that they been going to stress and need a break”. This is agreeable because I mostly wake up late and come to school late with eye bags because I was distracted by something which kept me from doing homework at home. Since I tend to procrastinate a lot because that’s the way I am, then later on when I have a pile of work I start to stress out. There are some days when I am busy and can’t deal with the amount of work the teacher gives us but I try to find something that makes me happy.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because mental health is an important issue to talk about with many people because everyone handles stress in a different matter. Teachers should be able to help students learn how to cope with stress. The education system should be able to acknowledge people with mental health problems by creating a reasonable schedule for them. 

Ruby

Isaac J Mendoza
September 15, 2022 10:00 pm

Dear Perla,
I am very much intrigued by your post, “The Stress of High School” because of the accuracy and relatability that one can have as a high school student. Personally, I can relate to this post since I suffer from a heavy burden of being depended on by many people on the daily. I’m expected to complete several assignments a day, attend anything I’m asked to attend, and having to commit many of my hours to arrive early or stay after school.
One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was, “i truly believe that schools is the main reason why student have the most stress or losing their mindset and the lack of sleep because of school, i would say that student should consider their student mental health instead of grades and test/ homework.” This spoke heavily to me because I would 100% agree with this statement, and support it since I believe that schools are a business. Schools, in my opinion, aren’t just institutions that teach, they’re also money grabbers.
Thank you for writing such an important thought down. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it’s very important to acknowledge student health. I also hope that students may one day not worry/stress as much with heavy school loads.

Edith
September 6, 2022 1:27 am

Dear Perla, 
I acknowledge your post,”High School stress,”I feel like I can relate to this a lot to be honest. I feel like most teenagers feel very overwhelmed by all this, especially dealing with life outside of school. I feel like students would do better with a little break. 
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is,”I would say that students should consider their student mental health instead of grades and test/homework.¨ I think this is important because not many teenagers pay attention to thi, they are so focused on school work instead of themselves. I feel like people should take this seriously, this makes me feel a little better and like I should care for myself more. 
Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it was important and very informative. I never really thought about how mental health is very important. 
From, Edith

September 5, 2022 11:53 pm

Dear Perla,

I acknowledged your post, ¨The stress of high school,¨ because it talks about the importance of adolescents’ mental health problems, and how schools should listen to adolescents when it comes to what they do every day and how that affects them mentally.  The most stressful thing about school is the academic responsibilities and pressure.  I agree with ¨always wanting to put so much work on our back and not letting us get a break,¨ because we do not only have to worry about one class but six more classes I believe it can be horrible mentally for adolescents to keep track of all the work. 

This is why I found this article very important to speak on about because the school system has been broken since it was first a thing.

August 30, 2022 3:04 pm

Dear Perla,

I am impressed by your post, “The stress of High School,” because as myself I deal with stress almost every day and most of the time it is caused by school. It is impressive how almost everybody deals with it in a very different form. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is “The way that their students’ actions or how they show up to school should be a way to know that they are going through stress and need a break.” I think this is an important sentence because stress is not only caused by school, it can be caused by something going on outside of school and can affect in the way while being in a classroom trying to learn. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like the way that you made comparisons to everyday lives. I know a lot of students appreciate your writing. 

Francisco
August 30, 2022 12:05 am

Dear Perla,

I am intrigued by your post, “The Stress of High School” because as a student who is attending high school I can relate to how the author of the post feels. Throughout the three years of my high school, they all have been stressful, especially with finals. What’s the whole point of homework they should leave work at school. I feel like this would make students stressed free and let them gain more sleep so they could go to school a bit happier. The teacher gives too many assignments which could be bad for mental health since some kids work slower than others which could result in more stress since they could be behind on work.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “how finals can be one of the biggest stressful things ever, student want to do stuff that doesn’t make them lose energy or make lose interest in school.” I think this is important because I tend to feel the same way during finals I just want to give up. Maybe, we could put a stop to finals if it stresses out students and we as a society don’t want that for the kids.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because it’s good to take initiative since nobody ever talks about these mental issues that student struggle with. Also, we might have similarities in our opinions of school whether it’s good or bad!

-Francisco

August 29, 2022 9:21 pm

Dear Perla,
I am intrigued by your post, “The stress of High School!” because as a highschool senior i can totally relate to how you feel. I have been so stressed with school before and it has made me lose interest into coming. One sentence that stood out to me was when you stated about teachers considering how their students feel, i feel like a lot of teachers don’t think about how their students feel and just handout work without thinking about how their life outside of school is.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to what you right next because i feel like we might have many similarities as students.

Marcos
August 26, 2022 8:45 pm

Dear Perla,
I am stupefied by your post,”The stress of High School!,” because I agree with this. Although i never really felt anything towards the finals, i hate going to school to participate.
One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is. ” i would say that student should consider their student mental health instead of grades and test/ homework.” I think this is correct when speaking from a humans perspective, but when it comes to passing and graduating, it is expected to try your hardest even sacrificing a little, such as your mental health.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to whatever’s next since it might help me complete an assignment.

Marcos

8
0
()