Recently, I read  The Sea of Monsters, by Rick Riordan.  I enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed reading this book because the plot of the story was good and the characters were good too. We were introduced to a new character named Tyson and we got to know a little more about Annabeth’s past and Luke’s future plans.

The protagonist is Percy Jackson. His story is set in Long Island, specifically Camp Half-Blood. The significance of the Camp Half-Blood setting is that Camp Half-Blood is the camp for demigods and it is where demigods train and learn how to fight.. The significance of the setting shifting from Camp Half-Blood to the island is that they are trying to find the Golden Fleece to save the tree but, they find that Grover is being kept hostage by a cyclops named Polyphemus.

Percy faces certain forces and pressures. Percy is fighting the cyclops Polyphemus and he also has to stop Luke from getting the Golden Fleece. He meets these forces and pressures by deciding to defeat Polyphemus and steal the fleece. 

The tension rises when Percy is fighting Polyphemus. This might leave a reader feeling anxious. This is because Percy might now be able to fight him and he might get killed.

The book climaxes when Percy is in the middle of the fight with Polyphemus. 

The falling action ultimately resolves the conflict. In the end Percy beats Polyphemus and gets the Golden Fleece and saves the tree and brings Thalia back to life. It’s a  person v. person type of conflict that’s driving this story. This is because Percy has to defeat enemies to win.

1. Derek 3 weeks ago

I saw your article and was immediately interested because I have watched the movie multiple times before. While reading through your article I have become more inclined to read the book, which is something I don’t do all the time, I usually just watch the movies. Thank you for sharing this post, I hope you have inspired others to read this book as well.