running photoThis research focuses on different types of running shoes. Many articles, experiments, and statistics were examined to determine whether maximalist or minimalist running shoes are better for preventing injury and maximizing your training. Many studies indicate that purely running in one type of running shoe increases your risk of injury and  does not maximize your training. Purely running in a minimalist shoe increases your instantaneous loading rate which can increase your risk of stress related injuries. On the other hand, purely running in a maximalist shoe increases your external vertical impact peak, which also can cause stress related injuries. Studies show that the best way to maximize your training and prevent injury is to parallel your shoes to your type of workout. Minimalist shoes are best for speed workouts and races, while maximalist shoes should be used for recovery and distance runs. My research reveals that the parallel use of more than one pair of running shoes is a protective factor to runners.

ResearchPaper

Marren Silcox
May 9, 2017 2:06 am

I really liked your question and the research you have gathered so far. I thought it was really interesting to see if a maximalist or minimalist shoe would be better for you in the long run. It makes a lot of sense that the minimalist shoe would prevent injury and help maximize your training.

1
0
()