This poetry book for me provides a sense of comfort and growth, because it makes you start thinking of the thoughts you buried so deep down trying to hide. To finally gain enough courage to accept them and carry on in this life.

To Appreciate the moments you once had and then going off, to make new ones. 

My favorite poem is “I hold the seashell up to my ear, not with the anticipation of hearing the crash of the ocean waves but with the crushing hope of catching even the smallest note of your voice one last time. – immortalized by a voicemail”

It gives me this type of nostalgia from “better times” when she was around and I was young. It feels good to remember and it sums up what I could never put into words. 

The thing I like most about it is the word choice, from talking about the ocean and the calming sounds that come from a seashell. All the way to, trying to grasp that they’re really gone. 

Help on Youth Voices
0
()

Connect with