This story is called, “The Princess and the Pea”
This story was written by Hans Christian Andersen and it was adapted by Kevin (me). This story is about a person, supposedly a princess, being tested to see if she is a real princess by the Queen. I hope you enjoy the adapted version of “The Princess and the Pea”.
Here is the original version of the story: http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/PriPea.shtml#1
[iframe allowtransparency=”true” width=”485″ height=”402″ src=”//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/131908224/?autostart=false” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
First I had to pick a story so I browsed through the web. I search on many different websites but I really like “The Princess and the Pea”. Next I had to modify and add to the story because I needed to show the morals of the story and have two different outcomes to the ending of the story. In addition I had to modify the story to make it flow better it my adapted version of the story. I tweaked act 1 (Beginning of Story) and act 2A (Original Ending) but I had to create an entirely new and different act 2B (Another outcome of act 1).
Here is a link to my script:
After I finished story part of my animation I began to create storyboards. I used the website “http://www.storyboardthat.com” to create my storyboard because it has so many different tools. I began to select characters and backdrops for my various different scenes. After I pieced all the looks of my storyboard together, I added some dialogue. I couldn’t fit all of it in but I tried to. This gave me a visual image of what my animation might resemble. In addition, this also showed me what I needed to change like some dialogue, some actions or even the order of some scenes.
Here are my storyboards:
After my completion of my storyboards, I had to animate my story using “https://scratch.mit.edu/“. This part was one of the easiest parts yet the hardest. I already had a vision of what my animation would look like and I had the script but I needed to code everything. The hardest parts was getting all the actions and location perfect. I had only 480 pixels by 360 pixels to work with. Overall, I thought that my animation turned out pretty well other than my animation being very low quality and choppy.
Here is some of my code I used in scratch: