Bo, the protagonist in the book “Run” has a few traits that influence her relationships with others.

One, she is adventurous. Two, she is reliable.  Three, she is stubborn.

These traits influence her relationships with others. “Never been better I said. And I kind of meant it. Shit! Someone yelled from across the yard. Cops! Fuck Colt said. We gotta go. Yep. Bo hopped up, then she pulled me to my feet. Run. What? She answered by taking off in top speed, her hand still gripping mine.”  Adventurous and reliable comes into play here when Bo grabs Agnes’s hand to help her run (Agnes is blind.) which is being reliable because she’s making sure Agnes doesn’t get into trouble on her first night out. Bo is also being adventurous because she’s having fun at places with her cousin and best friend. (This book is told from two different points of views, One is Bo’s and the other is Agnes)

Later, on page 292, Agnes interacts with Bo, basically calling her to see how she is doing. “I’m glad she’d wanna see me again, after everything I’ve done. Mad as she is at me, she’d still let me in her house, which is more than I deserve. But going back to Mursey is the last thing I outta be doing…The thought makes me a little nervous. Bringing Anges here, bringing all the memories into my new world, is scary enough. But the idea of having her back for a day, maybe two, then watching her leave…I aint sure I can handle It” Bo’s response here deepens a reader’s sense of her stubbornness, and sparks a feeling of anger. 

0
()