Anna
December 5, 2016 6:03 pm

I really enjoyed this poem. I read other poems with the same topic. However, they used first poem as per usual. You didn’t and instead showed that you were the shell. It caught my attention right from the beginning.

Ciara
December 2, 2016 7:19 pm

Carla-
I really enjoyed your poem. The imagery you used was fantastic, it’s very easy to imagine the scene you describe in your poem. Your line “Explore my different colors and textures” is especially captivating.

Matthew
December 2, 2016 7:12 pm

i like the way you describe yourself. by objectifying yourself, you give the reader a sense of disconnect in my opinion. a way where we look and cant help but to see you as larger than yourself. as people take from you we feel a sense of hopelessness that many people might find themselves in.

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
3
0
()