Recently, I read  The Mark of Athena, by Rick Riordan.  I really enjoyed reading this book. This is because the kids demigods from Camp Half-Blood finally build the flying ship and make it to Camp Jupiter. They get to reunite with Percy and meet new people and learn a new culture.

The protagonist is Leo, Piper, Annabeth, and Jason. Their story is set in current time in Long Island, specifically Camp Half-Blood. The significance of the Camp Half-Blood setting is that they made the flying ship so now they are able to Camp Jupiter. The significance of the setting shifting from Camp Half-Blood to Camp Jupiter is that now they can reunite with Percy and go on a quest. They can also talk to the Roman demigods about the giants.

The crew faces certain forces and pressures. They meet these forces and pressures by deciding to go and meet Bacchus, save Nico, and beat the giant twins. You can see this early in the book.

The tension rises when Percy and Jason are being possessed and start to fight. This might leave a reader feeling excited. They will feel excited because these are the two leaders of the group so they would want to see who is stronger.

The book climaxes when Annabeth is in the room with Arachne and when she comes to get saved, both her and Percy get pulled down into Tartarus by Arachne.

The falling action ultimately resolves the conflict. The demigods make their way to Greece to try to find Percy and Annabeth of the exit of Tartarus It’s a person v. person type of conflict that’s driving this story. This is because the crew had to fight enemies in order to win. These enemies include, Arache, Otis and Ephialtes. 

The falling action ultimately resolves the conflict. The demigods make their way to Greece to try to find Percy and Annabeth of the exit of Tartarus It’s a person v. person type of conflict that’s driving this story. This is because the crew had to fight enemies in order to win. These enemies include, Arachne, Otis and Ephialtes. 

0
()