Recently, I read The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan. I really enjoyed reading this book. This is because we finally get to see a character that isn’t Percy Jackson and we get to see the other kids at the Camp. Also Percy is missing.

The protagonist is Jason Grace. His story is set in the current time period, specifically on the Grand Canyon. The significance of the Grand Canyon setting is that they get attacked by venti and the coach is a satyr and Jason is a demigod who is able to fly. Also his sword is made of imperial gold. The significance of the setting shifting from the Grand Canyon to Camp Half-Blood is that we get to see what is happening at the Camp and we also get to see who their parents are.

Jaason faces certain forces and pressures. He has to go and save Hera because she got kidnapped by the giants. He meets these forces and pressures by deciding to go on a quest with Leo and Piper to save her. You can see this early in the book. 

The tension rises when they are fighting the wind god. This might leave a reader feeling nervous. This is because he’s not friendly and wants to kill them.

The book climaxes when they reach Hera and Jason is fighting the king of the giants.

The falling action ultimately resolves the conflict. They make it back to Camp Half-Blood and they realize that Jason is a Roman demigod from Camp Jupiter and since Jason is here that means Percy is over there. It’s a < person v. person type of conflict. This is because they have an actual enemy to fight.