In the book The End of Her by Shari Lapena many emotions occurred during the time I was reading this book. The genres in this book are Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Psychological thriller, Psychological Fiction, Domestic Fiction.

This story takes place in upstate New York, where Stephine and Patrick adjust to life with their colicky twin babies. Suddenly Patrick’s Former lover—ERICA—from his past drops by unexpectedly and raises questions about Patrick’s first wife that died. Patrick had told Stephanie (occurrent wife) that his late first wife had died in a car accident, so Stephine supported him all the way through.

However, Erica is persistent, and decides to go to the police and reopen up the case because she believes that he murder his first wife. On the other hand Patrick is worried about his reputation and his job if he doesn’t put an end to Erica immediately. While the police reopened the case and started digging for some new information, Stephanie trusts her husband and supports him.

As their marriage starts to crumble, Stephine doesn’t know what or who to believe in, she feels herself being unglued. Right now the only thing Stephine is thinking about is the girls—she needs to protect them. Due to my understanding, I think the theme in this book is not to trust people you just met and if you see something, say something.

I don’t want to spoil any more information about this book. Recommended? of course! It’s Shari Lapena.