The death penalty has its wrongdoings but provides specific deterrence by subjecting the criminal to death so they can no longer kill any more people. Heinous criminals have been dealt with through this system, and a story is included in the article of two people being put to death for torturing an innocent four-year-old child. The death penalty is written in law through the 5th and 14th Amendments, making it constitutionally correct. This article also addresses the problem with innocent people and the system’s flaws of racial discrimination. Still, if the system can be made right judiciously, then capital punishment could be appropriate at times.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/308318

Vanessa
November 18, 2022 10:05 pm

Dear Charles,

I am intrigued by your article, “The Death Penalty is Appropriate,” because I believe that the death penalty should be in use. When criminals get locked up, they come out, and sooner or later, they do another crime. I do not think the death penalty should be used for every crime. However, I do believe it should be in use for every big crime such as rape.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is, “Still, if the system can be made right judiciously, then capital punishment could be appropriate at times.” I think this is an important quote because although you do not need the death penalty for all crimes, it can be used for heavier crimes.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to what you write next because you write about important things. Furthermore, you have an idea of why the death penalty is necessary in some cases.

Vanessa Hamilton

1
0
()