In the beginning of the year 2020, wildfires have burned over 3.2 million acres in California.  Since the early days of August, California’s fire activity has escalated quickly and has destroyed over 5,000 structures.  

Over 17,000 firefighters have been fighting over 25 major wildfires.  A Red Flag Warning has been issued throughout the state of California.  A Red Flag Warning means warm temperatures, very low humidities, and stronger winds are expected to combine to produce an increased risk of fire dangers.  Unfortunately, California fires consumed hundreds of homes, businesses, and other structures.  These wildfires affected the economy by developing seasonal variations in employment over the year.  Particle pollution exposure can cause a variety of health problems.  For example, coughing, shortness of breath, headaches, heart attacks and respiratory effects such as asthma and bronchitis.  

Orange Cove firefighters arrived to help battle the Creek Fire located in the Northeast of Shaver Lake.  This fire is close to our small town, Orange Cove, which has been active for ten days and only contained 18%.  All we can do is pray for those who are battling against huge fires and prepare for the worst.  

Dear Melissa,

I’m impressed by your post, ” The Dangers of California Wildfires” because I didn’t know that over 17,000 firefighters were trying to stop the fires last year. I think it’s impressive how the firefighters from orange cove went to help out in the fire near Shaver Lake.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is ” Since the early days of August, California’s fire activity has escalated quickly and has destroyed over 5,000 structures”. I think this is something important that people have to know, to see how much damage the fires from last year caused.

Thanks for your writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next because it’s interesting. I would like you to continue telling more about the fires in California.

Fernando A.

August 25, 2021 4:05 am

Dear Melissa:

I am impressed by your post “The Dangers of California Wildfires” because I didn’t know that the firefighters of Orange Cove go to help the other firefighters. also I’m impressed about the distance that the fire expands.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “This fire is close to our small town, Orange Cove, which has been active for ten days and only contained 18%” I think this is worried about all the damage that was caused. Also all the trees and people that are who was injured by the fired.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because is interesting some of your news that are happens in the world. Also is important to be attend what is happen around us to be notice if we need to do something.

Veronica

Dear Melissa, I found your post very interesting because I didn’t know that over 3.2 million acres have burned in California. It is crazy how the fires burned over 5,000 structures. It is crazy how those fires are still going on till this day and are still damaging more buildings. It is very crazy how over 17,000 firefighters are fighting the fires all over California. It is very crazy how the SHaver Lake fire has been only contained only 18% and it has been active for 10 days

September 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Dear Melissa, I found your post very interesting because coming from the same community I was aware that these fires were occurring but I did not know that they were so dangerous. It is so sad to think that people are losing their home and businesses because of these crazy fires. I hope that the firefighters are staying health and well taken care of.
Thank You for writing, can wait until you write again. – Cindy Reynosa

September 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Dear Melissa I found your post very interesting because the Volunteer firemen they are volunteers to go out to put out the fire and it cannot cause the houses, cars, animals, etc, to burn.

Jeimy

September 24, 2020 1:59 am

Thank you for bringing me closer to this extraordinary situation. Such tragedy. Such folly. I hope you amd yours keep safe! Best.

Mario
September 21, 2020 4:24 am

Dear Melissa, I find your post very interesting cause the wildfires are 1 thing California is known for along with earthquakes. The fires this year are very big and being 2020 its not a surprise Cali is up in flames. I like how you even incorporated the type of weather conditions the firefighters have to deal with because it makes their job deadlier. The fires can move at rather fast speeds and can even be hard to outrun. The creek fire got bigger than should of because it jumped over the river due to the little sparks that flew because of the wind. Luckily they have contained some of it and is not as big as before. Thank you for your writing and can’t wait for your next one.

September 19, 2020 3:59 am

Dear Melissa, I was very intrigued by your post ” The Dangers of California Wildfires” because I did not actually know how bad these fires were. These wildfires have caused so much damage not only to the people and their homes but the animals that live in these places. I believe these firefighters deserve more than they receive for their hard work and protecting us from these fires. Even though they seem so far they aren’t, and they are actually very close to our homes which is crazy.
Thank you for this post and I hope to hear more about your post soon. – Litzy

Antonio
September 17, 2020 4:42 pm

This is the most devastating moment in our lives and California too. The air is full of cancer for our lungs and fires that will make all of our forest into a distant memory. I’m worry about the sake of the town itself and my family as well. Idk how these fires started but they are worse than anything in the long list of wildfire that happen.

9
0
()