One of my earliest memories in life was being in hospitals with lots of doctors running constant tests on me. I had been sick the past few months and had been losing weight fast. They couldn’t find out what was wrong with me but when I went into a short coma they realized what was going on. I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the age of four. I wish I had some better early memories but I was so young that’s when my brain started to remember.

T1 Diabetes is a genetic autoimmune disease that affects your pancreas. Your pancreas is a vital organ that produces insulin, insulin then enters your bloodstream and regulates blood sugar levels. If your blood sugar remains too high or low you can die. The way diabetics regulate blood sugar is either through a pump or by injecting shots which both suck but are very necessary.  

The reason I writing a paper about this isn’t because of the sympathy (although it doesn’t hurt). Its about how the coronavirus could easily kill me if I got it. It might not have any effect on you regular immune systems kids but I would die. So whats the point you may ask? Say inside…

April 3, 2020 7:40 pm

Sam I really liked your article. I hope you do not get coronavirus and your diabetes gets better. Coronavirus is pretty scary today and I hope you are staying safe. Heres a link about diabetes and the coronavirus and diabetes https://www.diabetes.org/coronavirus-covid-19.

1
0
()