person holding black and silver semi automatic pistol

In the article “The Constitutional Right to Carry Firearms in Public Will Harm Public Health”(McKoy) I learned that Americans have a constitutional right to carry a firearm in public places, arguing that a century-old New York law requiring a “proper cause” to carry a gun outside of the home is a violation of Second Amendment rights. Michael Ulrich, assistant professor of health law, ethics & human rights believes that the reversing of this law would harm public health. In the article he states “Reversing the long-held basis for gun licensing and public carry on sufficient reasoning (known as a “may-issue” framework) will harm public health, writes Michael Ulrich” he believes this is the reason for higher homicide rates due to gun violence.

I think what Michael Ulrich states is true, I believe and support our second amendment but i think it shouldn’t be so easy to get a gun even though you may have a clean record there’s a lot of things they don’t see is wrong.

As i continue to learn about The Constitutional Right to Carry Firearms in Public i want to learn more about how it can harm us as a community.

0
()