woman wearing white sweater

As the winter break is soon approaching high school students are stressing for their finals week. There are many ways that students are handling the stress. These include but are not limited to “Avoid junk food and excessive caffeine, take naps, find a study partner/group,take 5-10 minute breaks and go for a walk”(Raven J.). It is really important for the students to try and maintain their stress levels. 

The reason students should try and handle their stress is that persistent stress due to finals can lead to the student having less self esteem which can lead to them performing poorly than they would have. I personally can relate to this. In my junior year I was really stressed about my world history finals exam. So I’ve made sure to at least look over the review, have at least 9 hours of sleep prior to the exam and think positively about myself and my abilities. Surprisingly I did really well. 

Which leads me to say that stressing over the finals is pointless as long as you prepare yourself for what is about to come. Finals week can also be very exciting. This is because you can’t help thinking about what to do once all these exams are over (which in a way is a stress reliever) and how you don’t have to wake up at 5 or 6 a.m to get ready for school. 

Sources:

https://www.collegexpress.com/articles-and-advice/majors-and-academics/blog/5-ways-manage-your-stress-during-finals/

http://boulderanxietypsychologist.com/how-to-cope-with-final-exams-7-dos-and-donts-for-high-school-and-college-students/

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/03069889008253567

December 9, 2020 5:20 am

Dear Mang,

I first just want to comment on the awesome picture you choose for this post! It really grabbed my attention with sun rays seeping through the window in the middle of a classroom. I also agree that finals this year have been vastly more stress-inducing for students as we are also stressing about staying safe from COVID. I like how you mentioned ways of managing and maintaining stress levels and things to stay away from to help optimize a placid mindset when going through these exams.

I really like how you included ways that helped you succeed through finials last year. This message is very inspirational as we are about to have long nights studying for exams. Essentially, just trying to cram as much information as we can before taking the finals. I hope semester finials go extremely well for you this year and best wishes to you.

1
0
()