black metal framed glass display counter

Bodega Dreams by Author: Ernesto Quiñonez might leave a reader feeling terrible. Cause right after chino got home he was hearing the news on tv about a reporter being killed by someone he knows or is close to him. An example of this is on page “So I finished my drink and switched to channel 47, hoping they would give one of their own more news time. I wasn’t disappointed.’’ 

The book is about a protagonist who is caught between two worlds.The problem driving the plot seems to be Person vs society. Chino comes from a poor neighborhood. His parents were immigrants.Chino is doing what he loves to do which is going to college, working, married,family,as well being successful in his life but society wants him to think he might do drugs, crime, violence, be a delinquent, because of where he grew up. 

The issues that keep coming up are Sapo always comes to Chino because Bodega wants to see him. You can see this on page 343  where it says: ““Yo, Chino, bro, like Bodega, wants to meet you at El Museo del Barrio..”  The theme here is perseverance. I mean, what’s at stake in this story is chino is a hard working man who trying to get what he loved to do which he never give up on the things he always wanted to do in his life and he try and try just to be there a hard smart working man.

0
()