The biggest personal life question for me is how do people cope with this mentally having to leave their home and having to work in a place you have never been in before.This poem doesn’t answer my personal question.But this poem is showing what life is really like for immigrants.

The poem makes me feel,sad yet, at the same time, makes me happy because these immigrants are getting a new chance.This poem makes me feel this way because these people are getting new chances at having a better life but also have to leave behind there home.I think that the tone of this poem and the way it describes these feelings determine the feelings that i chose.

My big question is if these immigrants are getting a better chance at life if they move to for example the us.The poem does not answer this question because not everyone is going to have the same experience.Some ideas of mine that have changed because of this poem is my understanding of how people are entered into other countries if there an immigrant into for example the U.S.

Ashley
May 29, 2019 3:54 pm

Dear Ariel:

I am impressed with your post, “Immigrants in our own land,” because this situation is very common. The mexicans want a place where they can live better where the have opportunities. When the come to U.S most of the people come to work to take their family forward.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “he biggest personal life question for me is how do people cope with this mentally having to leave their home and having to work in a place you have never been in before.” I think this is so real because people think and feel that U.S is a place that have a better place where the people can feel happy.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this themes are so important for all of us because we need to understand that U.S is not the only place where you can have a good future. Mexico is also a good place there are opportunities there too. We can be safe and happy if we want.

1
0
()