In the article, “More Border Issues for President Biden” (McGraw Hill), I learned that a lot of migrants have arrived at the border between Mexico and the U.S. Many of them are Haitians who crossed in Del Rio, Texas, and formed an encampment under a bridge. The Haitians had left and escaped their country because of the intense poverty, high crime rate, government corruption, and a lack of basic resources. Everything has been complicated because of the ongoing pandemic, the assassination of the Haitian president, and the 7.2- magnitude earthquake. The Biden administration ordered not to allow these Haitians to stay in the United States so Biden is trying to return them all back to Haitian and in the end, they were all returned but people consider this action to be inhumane. 

I believe that with the situation of the Haitians and the Biden administration returning them back to their home country is a very bad idea because it’s a huge crisis. The Haitians must be very discouraged about the thought of the U.S. denying them and sending them back because the U.S. is the safe and free country they felt they could rely on. Hopefully, the Biden administration handles the continuation of the influx of migrants that move forward. 

What do you think the Haitians should do because they were neglected? 

0
()