Recently, I read The Battle of the Labyrinth, by Rick Riordan. I really enjoyed reading this book. Out of all the books in this series, I enjoyed this one the most. I think that the plot for this book was the best and they are preparing for the final battle.

The protagonist is Percy. His story is set in current time in Camp Half-Blood. The significance of the Camp Half-Blood setting is that they can get quest and they meet Quintus and they see the effect of the Labyrinth of Chris and Clarrise. The significance of the setting shifting from Camp Half-Blood to the Labyrinth is that they can now try to complete their quest.

Percy faces certain forces and pressures. He has to keep Ariadne’s string away from Luke. He meets these forces and pressures by deciding to go into the labyrinth and finding it. You can see this early in the book. 

The tension rises when Percy destroys Mt. Saint Helens and flies to Ogygia. This might leave a reader feeling nervous. They might feel this way because we don’t know if Percy is alive or not because Annabeth went back to the Camp and told everyone he was dead.

The book climaxes when Luke invades the camp. The falling action ultimately resolves the conflict. Grover uses Pan’s cry and all the monsters run away from the sound. It’s a person v. person type of conflict that’s driving this story. This is because they have an enemy who is another person. This makes it a person v person type of conflict.