Lord Voldemort doesn’t get enough credit for his talents. Sure, he had no mercy and he never felt any remorse when mass murdering, but his skills were incredible. Wielding the most powerful wand in the world, or fastening his hands on the sorcerer’s stone are, no doubt, impressive.

Some people may think those events make up Lord Voldemort but, honestly, being able to talk to snakes is the most magical and mind-blowing to me. When he makes slithering noises that seem to crawl up your back, it gives me chills. The slow and sussurous language of snakes is mysterious. The hissing sound the mouth makes when saying the word “s” and the hissing noises of a snake, they’re practically identical to our ears.

In a way, that’s why I like it so much. It makes me cringe but it also seems oddly satisfying to hear. It’s like the word, susurrous, moves up and down as you say it, in the same sense as when a snake moves. Not to mention, the word “s” looks like a tiny snake. The definition, the shape of the word, the sound of the words all relate back to the snake.

.

Mary
Mary
September 28, 2016 3:38 pm

I am intrigued with your post because its such a random topic but it has so much detail and its really interesting to me. How you said talking to snakes is “magical and mind blowing”. I to believe in like fairy tales and stuff, so this just helps my imagination.

1
0
()