In the article, “Driven to Distraction” (from upfront published on March 13, 2017) it explains that texting and driving is one of the most dangerous forms of distracted driving. Teens who text while driving spend 10% of the time outside their lane. That can also live your brain with less cognitive load to focus on driving. When driving you cannot drive safely unless the task of driving has your full attention.

We all know that is illegal to touch your phone while driving except if you’re handing it to a passenger. Many teens drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting while driving, but some admitted to do it anyway. When cell phone is used while driving, it can sometimes lead to an accident. Millions of crashes each year. More likely to cause a worse accident than drunk driving. To be more safe and to have others safe you should always put your phone out of the sight not in your lap where it’s within easy reach and you can also put your phone on silence so it can’t distract you. Obviously if you need to urgently text pull over park and do it off the road. Remember that always keeping your eyes on the road is very important, not on your phone, as you could be saving lives and not causing accidents.

How can you reduce the risk of using your phone while driving?

October 8, 2022 1:16 am

Dear Patricia

I agree with your post “Teenagers nowadays drive while using the phone” because it is very important to keep others and yourself safe while on the roads. There are many accidents just because teenagers are on their phones while driving. Many teens text and drive which can cause many deaths just by being on your phone.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me is “Many teens drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting while driving, but some admitted to do it anyway.” If teenagers know its dangerous , then why do it?

Thanks for your writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next , because I believe this is an important topic to talk about, Every teenager and even adults need to talk about this before all this gets more intense.

Milagros

hello patricia, you’re writing about “Teenagers nowadays drive while using the phone,” because it is so well-rounded about how teens now don’t have any self-regard for their actions. Especially when it comes to something as important as driving because being able to drive is a huge responsibility and the teens who text while driving know the consequences but still do it.. Although if they continue to do so then it can only be seen as natural selection, such people are going to die sooner or later so if it be by their own stupidity then oh well. I don’t think that those who think their are better to not have to deal with consequences have to face reality, since some truly deserve to feel how utterly meaningless and useless they are.

Dear Patrica, I am impressed by your post, “Teenagers nowadays drive while you’re using their phone” because it’s very upsetting while teens to use and distract themself while driving. It can be very unsafe when teens drive while using their phones causing so many accidents. Can affect them and other people get them into so much harm.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Many teen drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting while driving, but some admitted to doing it anyway.”  I think this is very sad because they know what the consequences are. With that getting very hurt can cause other people’s lives.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I think it’s a very important topic to talk about. Also can help teens think twice before texting and driving. I look forward to learning more topics like this to help prevent dangerous situations like this.

Jennifer Zavala

Reply to  Jennifer

hello jennifer, i really liked your response to all of this i think that “Teenagers nowadays drive while you’re using their phone” is very upsetting, because teens to use and distract themself while driving. I agree that it is very unsafe when teens drive while using their phones causing so many accidents. Can affect them and other people get them into so much harm.

Karen

Dear Patricia:

I am impressed by your post,” Teenagers nowadays drive while using their phone,” because it is kind of sad how many teenagers get into accidents because of this. I think it’s harmful how many teenagers still refuse to put down their phones while driving.

One sentence that stood out to me was,” Many teens drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting while driving, but some admitted to do it anyway.” I think this is harmful because it makes more people get into accidents and die from it. 

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I think it’s an important topic and lesson for younger people to understand and not do. I would like to hear more similar posts to this. 

Karen

Reply to  Karen

I agree with you Karen that driving and being on our phones can be very harmful because can cause many accidents. Also how it’s very harmful how many teens still refuse to put down their phones, I hope people can be better.

Jennifer Zavala

Dear Patricia,

I agree with your post “Teenagers nowadays drive while using the phone” because of how genuine and honest your text is about teen driving and what it would look like. How teens and other young groups still choose to use or even hold their phones while driving knowing well it is illegal too.

One sentence you shared that stood out to me was, “When driving you cannot drive safely unless the task of driving has your full attention.” This stood out to me because people will always find a way to be distracted especially with their devices. Whether if it is to put on music, change the radio, or send or look at a message. all these things could and can lead to danger for the driver and others on the road.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to your future writings because of the choice of topics you choose to write about. Not only do they inform people but it is also good that it is brought up to make them aware of others. Especially since I am always against using any type of media device when driving. I’ll even let others like my siblings not use their phones while driving.

Dear Patricia:

I agree with your post “Teenagers nowadays drive while using the phone” because a text can be what you end up paying on the road. Being distracted and not paying close attention can be threatening to those sharing the road.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Many teens drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting while driving, but some admitted to do it anyway.” I think this stuck with me reading your article because something happened like that in our community. We lost two young women because of it.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this topic really makes me realize it’s no joke to being distracted and losing your life in seconds. The road has no mercy for who’s driving it rather a late text then to not arrive to your destination.

Dalia

Last edited 3 months ago by Natalia

Dear Patricia:

I am interested about your post, “Teenagers nowadays drive while using the phone,” because it is something that needs to be brought up now that more and more teenagers are driving. I think that the more awareness that is brought to this problem, the more we can do to try and prevent it.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me is: “Obviously, if you need to urgently text pull over park and do it off the road.” I think this is interesting because you use the word “obviously,” which is implying that it is common sense. I feel like not texting and driving is something that is common sense, yet many people still do it.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this is an interesting topic to discuss. I also feel like this topic should be brought up and the dangers it can cause.

Christian

September 27, 2022 6:45 pm

Dear Patricia:

I am impressed by your post, “Teenagers nowadays drive while using the phone,” because it is so well-rounded about how teens now don’t have any self-regard for their actions. Especially when it comes to something as important as driving because being able to drive is a huge responsibility and the teens who text while driving know the consequences but still do it.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: ”Many teens drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting while driving, but some admitted to doing it anyway,” This statement is exactly what the problem with teen drivers, they know about the consequences that might happen a

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to whatever’s next since it might help me complete an assignment

Hector

September 24, 2022 12:24 am

Dear Patricia:

I am impressed by your post, “Teenagers nowadays drive while using the phone,” because it is so well-rounded about how teens now don’t have any self-regard for their actions. Especially when it comes to something as important as driving because being able to drive is a huge responsibility and the teens who text while driving know the consequences but still do it. With this responsibility people, everyday carry their own lives in their own hands, and they also carry others as well. Educating teens about texting and driving isn’t enough, we need to discipline them because if we don’t then who knows what might happen.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to whatever’s next since it might help me complete an assignment.

Angel

Last edited 4 months ago by Angel
Marcos
September 19, 2022 5:22 am

Dear Patricia,

I am befuddled by your post,”Teenagers nowadays drive while using the phone,” because I agree with this. Although if they continue to do so then it can only be seen as natural selection, such people are going to die sooner or later so if it be by their own stupidity then oh well. I don’t think that those who think their are better to not have to deal with consequences have to face reality, since some truly deserve to feel how utterly meaningless and useless they are.

One sentence that stood out was,”Many teens drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting while driving, but some admitted to do it anyway,” since it truly shows how some do not care, meaning that they do not have any relevance in terms to the usefulness in this world.

Marcos

12
0
()