As our world falls farther down the path of Global Warming we need to take more drastic measures to ensure our world survives. One of the biggest additions to our dying environment is the carbon footprints of cities. Due to overpopulation cities are running out of room and are no longer able to support themselves. The UNEP is taking steps to make cleaner, more resource efficient cities. One place in particular that is struggling is Asia, as the most populated place in the world, Asia is having major sustainability issues. The UNEP is fighting this with two main goals in mind: 1) Sustainable consumption and production roadmap for cities covering all the sectors, and 2) Upstream interventions through policy, technology and financing to reduce and manage pollution and waste. These two goals accomplished would be a huge step for not only the people of these cities, but also the effects these places have on our world.

0
()