In the article , CAREERS : Summer Job Edition (McGraw Hill) I read that when looking for a job in the summer you always have to make sure to keep an open mind. First you have to think , Where can I find a Job? Is it close? Is it a lot of work? Is it too much work but not enough money? These are all questions that come to mind when looking for a job. Especially in the summer there are a lot of teenagers trying to get a job , so there may be a little competition.

You also have to keep an eye out anywhere , you never know when they might be hiring. Also when going in for an application or just to ask, be prepared to maybe be interviewed on the spot , some places even ask you for a resume or past job experience so just BE PREPARED. When also looking for a Job you have to think outside the box . Remember it does not have to be a store or a fast food place.  Or you can even start your own business and work part time which is easier and less stressful and heavy.

0
What do you think about summer jobs?x

I think having a summer job is a nice experience because you learn many new things especially if it is your first job. Each time you get a job or just have a job in general you learn new things like how it is in adult life. Or some of the older coworkers even tell you about their past and you learn from them. Overall getting a job over the summer is a great and helpful experience.

April
September 12, 2021 7:48 pm

Dear Jocelyn, I completely agree with what you have said in this post. I personally believe that summer jobs are highly beneficial and should be considered by young adults, such as high schoolers, who may find that a personal income source is useful to them. For example, as they near their last years of high school, many students find that they need money to pay for things like college applications, clothing, or even tuition and rent. However, many also believe that summer jobs are unnecessary and students should use that time instead to live their lives to the fullest without worrying about work at an earlier age.

1
0
()