In the article “Food Insecurity” I learned how many people don’t have food to eat they have to worry about their next meal. Many people experience a lack of food. Which affects low-income families, individuals, and children. Food insecurity is something extremely difficult for many and very scary. Food insecurity has many negative effects, especially on people’s health.

What are ways you can help others suffering from food insecurity?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

Food insecurity is something no one should have to face. The sad reality is that there are a variety of people who suffer from food insecurity. There are many children whose parents have difficult times providing food for their children. No one should ever have to face hunger. In many schools and communities, people get together and all help and support others in need by providing food drives. I think it’s amazing how we can all help each other because we never know the difficult situation someone can be going through. Helping each other is something truly amazing.

https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/social-determinants-health/interventions-resources/food-insecurity

5 1 vote
Valentin
Valentin(@valentinochs)
January 19, 2022 3:17 am

Dear Fatima,

I am intrigued by the concern you have when it comes to food insecurity. This topic is mostly directed towards minority groups who are affected the most by poverty. Food insecurity does involve great risk which can cause families to separate. Due to the many negative effects of food insecurity, it gives those who are going through hard times struggling more and only worrying about money.

In order to help people that suffer from food insecurity, I say food drives are the best way to solve this issue. Bringing awareness to this situation especially in low-income communities can save a lot of people and keep families close. Families who always have to worry about money and food should be given opportunities to help their own families.

Thanks for writing about this social issue because I think more people should read about it.

Linette(@linetteochs)
January 18, 2022 7:36 am

Dear Fatima,

I am impressed with your post as you are able to understand the severeness and effects food insecurity has on a person and their family. I understand that there are many people who struggle to provide healthy food or even any at all. As well as the fact that it mostly happens around low-income families as they struggle financially. Furthermore, it is heartbreaking and detrimental to children who grow up with food insecurity so prominent in their lives.

One sentence that stands out to me is: “The sad reality is that there are a variety of people who suffer from food insecurity.” This sentence stood out to me because as I stated before that although food insecurity mostly happens to those who are low income, food insecurity can also happen to someone who earns above the minimum wage. As you state, I agree that there is a variety of people who at least go through food insecurity once in their lives if not multiple times. Furthermore, I am also glad that you put options for the readers to choose if they want to participate in helping food insecurity such as the food drives.

Thank you for writing about this severe situation. I look forward to seeing what you write next as you were able to raise more awareness of food insecurity. Furthermore, I loved your idea of bringing the community together to help one another.

Araceli(@araceliochs)
December 14, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi Fatima:

I am impressed by your post, “Suffering from Food Insecurity,” because there are large amounts of people wondering where their next meal will be coming from. It´s sad that people have to deal with not having enough food for themselves and their families.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I think it’s amazing how we can all help each other because we never know the difficult situation someone can be going through.” I think this is awesome because sometimes even the small things we do for others could mean much more than we think.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how you said that we never know what someone is going through. I would like you to continue telling me about your reads.

Araceli

Felipe(@felipeochs)
December 13, 2021 8:27 am

Hi Fatima,

I am impressed by your post ” Food insecurity” because you talk about how low-income families stress about what the next meal could possibly be. I also think it is amazing how people can help each other out not knowing how bad someone really needed the help.

One sentence that stood out for me is when you said: In many schools and communities, people get together and all help and support others in need by providing food drives”. I think this is a really cool thing to do because you get to give food to those in need and you get to interact with them for a bit which can make their day, they’ll always remember the kind gesture you did for them.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I think you executed this topic with some valid points. I would like to hear from you again.

-Felipe

Charlie(@charliejudge)
December 10, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi Fatima,
I liked your article a lot. I thought you made some great points about equality and the right to accessing food. It would be interesting if you put some statistics into this so we have some idea of how many people are affected, or how serious the issue is. Great job with this

-Charlie

Charles(@charlesjudge)
December 10, 2021 5:52 pm

I liked how you introduced the topic and described the problem that is affecting many people across the world. I would have liked to see more of a solution that is going on in the real world and described how we can contribute to end this problem. I appreciate your ideas and hope to read more in the future.

6
0
()