In the article “Georgia Proclaims February 23 Ahmaud Arbery Day” I learned that On February 23, 2020, an African American man named Ahmad Arbery was jogging in a residential area in Georgia when he was pursued, confronted, and fatally shot by three armed white men: On February 22, 2022–almost two years exactly from the day of his death–federal judges found the three men guilty of federal hate crimes for targeting Arbery because of his race. All three were sentenced to life in prison. the Georgia House of Representatives passed a resolution declaring February 23 Ahmaud Arbery Day. Part of the resolution asks residents to jog 2.23 miles in his honor to advocate for racial equality. 

I was very shocked while reading this and that they were actually proven guilty, and sentenced to death. And more of the act that they made in his honor “Ahmaud Day”, this was very surprising.

what do you think of this?

0
()