man in black jacket sitting on chair

In the article, “I Felt Like I Was Suffocating” by Aya Raji speaks on the pandemic and how it has affected teens’ identity and mental health.  Social isolation has been a major issue regarding the school or any part of social life which has been a result of anxiety and depression.  Students have become unmotivated due to problems from the pandemic such as sick family members or a parent’s loss of a job which Emma mentions in the article.

It is significant to look for signs of mental illness and try to find ways to prevent disorders such as anxiety and depression.  The young teens and adults have had to deal with major changes within this pandemic that has affected them in a various number of ways.  However, there have been some “silver-linings” as this time of social isolation has had one individual come to terms with their true identity and help self-reflect.  So indeed there is the negative  part of this pandemic but it is important to focus on the positive aspects and to try and prevent any negative outcomes to the best of your ability.  

How can young people find ways to get through this difficult time?

March 11, 2021 11:13 pm

Hey, Aaliyah, I see that you’re talking about the life of children during the change of the pandemic. I believe they put themselves in that spot and they don’t accept change. So I feel they get this depression, anxiety because they cant continue with life knowing there’s a change. Change is scary but change is really really good. I believe people found themselves and who they truly are as a person. Thank you!, I hope to see some more of your writing soon!

March 1, 2021 6:18 am

I am fascinated by your article “Students and the Pandemic” because I also agree that many teens have changed so much because of the pandemic since they were at home all the time. One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me was “The young teens and adults have had to deal with major changes within this pandemic that has affected them in a various number of ways.” I think this is important because many teens have changed and they don’t know how to deal with it. I also think that for some they found their true self which was a good thing for them. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to what you write next.

February 20, 2021 4:05 am

that the boys of noware getting more complicated the situasion because of passed from covid and they can no longer go to school so safatly

Help on Youth Voices
3
0
()

Connect with