man in white crew neck shirt

Aya Raji’s “I Felt Like I Was Suffocating” post addresses the pandemic and how it has influenced the personality and mental health of teenagers. Social alienation has been a big concern and has been a product of anxiety and depression in terms of education or other aspect of social life. Due to pandemic issues such as ill family members or the lack of a career by a parent that Emma discusses in the essay, students have been unmotivated.

Looking for symptoms of mental illness and seeking to find ways to avoid illnesses such as anxiety and depression is crucial. In this pandemic, young people and adults have had to cope with drastic shifts that have impacted them in a multitude of ways. Nevertheless, there have been certain “silver-linings” when one person has come to terms with their true identity and lets self-reflect through this period of social isolation. So the pessimistic component of this pandemic is still there, but it is necessary to rely on the positive implications and strive to minimize any negative effects to the best of your abilities.

What can young people find means of getting through this stressful time?