silver iPhone X floating over open palm

In the article, “As Indian Classes Go Online, Those Who Can’t Afford Smartphones Go Without” by Vice, talks about how kids in India are struggling to go into online school with some of the kids’ economical situations.

This article goes on to talk about how kids in India are going now to transfer to online school via smartphones due to the ongoing pandemic. They state problems that are affecting families on how they are losing their jobs due to COVID and are barely getting by with money enough for just food, clothing, and basic necessities.

They mention how not all kids are able to get a smartphone to use for their studies online. The article also mentions the extremes that some of the kids have to go to for internet access. “In the Tsuruhu village in the northeastern state of Nagaland, as many as 39 schools and college students have been trekking three kms to take online exams for the last two weeks.”.

We rarely hear about stories like that in the U.S because internet access is so easy for us. We have to understand that in some countries their situations are extreme and this article exposes that and shows how hard it is for some to go and transition to online learning.

This article makes some very valid and interesting points about how India and its population have been faced with economic challenges in light of covid. With a population of 1 billion-plus, that’s a lot of jobs lost and kids to be sent online. With poverty numbers rising globally this is a massive unknown problem, especially in the US, where the transition has been easier and more effective. You did a good job summarizing and writing this.

October 20, 2020 8:26 am

This article has a lot of information and amazing points about what Indian students are facing from the pandemic. This whole article was very neat and I could see how much effort you put into this. The vocabulary choice and transition words were very smooth, however, I thought that paragraph two, three, and even four seemed a bit rushed. I really liked how you put points in the article about the percentages of students who have access to the internet and who don’t. In conclusion, I thought that this article was amazing and had so many interesting details.

Hey i really enjoy your article but i still would like to learn more about the economic outcomes do to the pandemic in India

This article has valid points about the changes in India, plus you make good points in your essay. But, in my opinion between the second and third paragraph it feels a little rushed and that you are jumping from point to point instead of using a smooth transition.

Gus

This article makes some very good points of the economic barriers that some kids have to face in India. In addition to this, you make a great point at the end of your summary of the paragraph that, due to the United States access to good internet, online school has been an easy transition for students here. I find this very insightful because it is absolutely true. Some of the problems that other places in the world are facing right now are non existent in the United States. I feel very lucky to live in a country where all the things that I need are readily available to me.

5
0
()