man in black jacket holding white and orange signage during daytime

In the text “CNN Poll: Most Americans want stricter gun control, but they’re divided on whether guns make public places safer”. I learned that most Americans are separated by their opinions on gun control. The author shows this through statistics of different types of Americans and their opinions. For example, I learned that one-third (36%)  of Americans say that the presence of guns makes public places safe, while 32% say that allowing gun owners to carry guns in public makes those places safer. These gun control debates are also influenced by different factors that contribute to the change in these opinions. Some of these factors are political parties, historical impact, being a gun owner, etc. 

I think that the statistical reports in this CNN poll are understandable but also that in some cases, it is important to have a connection with certain topics that relate to you in order to have a say. For example, I don’t think that non-gun owners should have a say in stricter gun control because they don’t own firearms so they wouldn’t know the effect stricter gun control would have on gun owners.  

As I continue to learn about gun control, I want to know more about why most Americans want stricter gun control.

0
()