When using my technique I felt like I was in power of my own mind for once.  I usually have no time to myself to think but by me listening to music I can close my eyes and clear my mind. Although after turning off my music I didn’t enjoy the thoughts that soon rushed back into my head. I truthfully didn’t find anything difficult in the technique because it is a technique I have carried with me for years. I recommend this technique to my peers because instead of reacting poorly to situations or stressing yourself out, you can clear your mind with a few songs.

Marcus
May 4, 2017 5:29 pm

I personally use music to calm me down, however I like to have a rubber band around my wrist and play with it whenever I feel stressed. It works out really well.

Chloe
May 4, 2017 4:16 pm

This is a technique I’ve used without even knowing it was one! I’m happy to hear someone else has similar ways of dealing with stress and bad situations. It’s a peaceful way to tune it all out and get your mind back on track and I think everyone should have their own way of figuring it out, so thank you for helping others find a comforting way to escape, even for a minute or two.

MacKenzie
April 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi Rayondre
I really liked reading your post. I think your technique idea is helpful. I personally have try music as a way to lessen my stress. I think that it helps in some ways. It just kinda gives be a break. It allows me a minute to decompress. But then when the music stops and I have to face the thing that is stressing me out the stress level just increases from before the music. One idea that I think works is counting to ten. What other ideas do you have?

3
0
()