text

In the article, “A National Outcry Over Anti-Asian Hate,” Asian-Americans have been dealing with racial slurs and physical violence, some resulting in death as there have been recent shootings.  Ever since the Covid pandemic has occurred, racial discriminations against Asian-Americans have skyrocketed, fearing them for their lives.  Hate crimes have increased as some may blame the pandemic on all of the Asian community which isn’t right in any way.  The government needs to do its best to grant Asian-Americans their rights and stop discrimination.

It is ironic how a generation that says to be more accepting and united is still having racial issues.  That is the society we have today who plan to make a better future for future generations are still creating historical pasts that we try so hard to draw away from.  A pandemic isn’t the fault of a whole race or ethnic group and those who don’t realize that is the downfall of future generations.  The hate crimes need to stop and we need to focus on how to end the pandemic, not find someone to put the blame on.

How can we decrease racial hate crimes?

April 19, 2021 4:34 am

Dear Aaliyah, I fully agree with your post and the statements you mentioned. It is definitely wrong how much hate has been directed towards Asian-Americans. It isn’t right that as you said that we as a generation that is fully wanting to accept everyone are seeing hate crimes being committed against Asian-Americans. I am also astonished at how closed-minded some people are to bully others because of their race in this day and age, but it has been happening for years even before most of us were born. This post was very informational thank you for writing this.

April 12, 2021 6:37 am

Dear Aaliyah,

I totally agree with your post because of how the Asian community has been treated with brutality. The government indeed needs to do something about these hate crimes towards the Asian community, the Asian community is living in constant fear because of the hate crimes happening. It’s really sickening and tiring. This Asian community just wants all these crimes happening towards them to stop and to live in peace. Thanks for your writing about this because it’s something everyone should be aware of.

March 26, 2021 2:18 pm

Aaliyah, I completely agree with everything you said in your discussion post, especially when you said, “It is ironic how a generation that says to be more accepting and united is still having racial issues.” I think it is particularly important to hold our generation accountable for their actions, as what we do now will affect how race is perceived in the future. I hope that our generation can be the ones to reduce this hate that is so easily spread, and in order to do this, we need to keep bringing attention to the issues at hand in our country today. I recommend looking at the article “What you can do to fight violence and racism against Asian Americans ( https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/what-you-can-do-to-fight-violence-and-racism-against-asian-americans) because I think it fits in very well with what you wrote about.

March 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Dear Aaliyah , I completely agree how it can be ironic that the government is known for protecting it’s people’s rights although more and more we see hate crimes towards other races. More people need to be aware of how it is not right to target people over there race and how dangerous and unsafe those people can feel based on what the government is allowing to happen. The government needs to address such a topic as Asian-american hate crimes and all other hate crimes in general so they can find people accountable for their wrong actions and so it will influence people to support one another.

March 25, 2021 3:32 pm

I like how you are addressing this cause because this is really important. I agree that the government needs to make a move towards granting Asian American rights. These events such as shootings, racial slurs, and physical violence are all important to address because this can get out of hand and become an even bigger problem around the world. Yes, I agree this generation is always talking about being united and accepting one another but still have racial issues. We do need to focus on ending the pandemic instead of other things. Thank you for addressing this problem, Aaliyah.

5
0
()