photography of night sky

In the article “Written Among the Stars” ( Mcgraw Hill), I learned that asteroids have names. I found it interesting that this year a group of 27 asteroids between Mars and Jupiter will be named in honor of African American, Hispanic, and Native American Astronauts and cosmonauts. Two of the asteroids will be named after Stephanie D. Wilson and Joan Higginbotham both women made a huge contribution to space explorations. It is amazing that women astronauts are getting recognized for the hard work they have done. The 27 asteroids that have been discovered were named by the International Astronomical Union. To honor this diverse group of astronauts by naming asteroids after them was led by Cathy Olkin and Keith S. Noll of NASA.

I think that naming asteroids in honor of those who helped with space exploration is amazing. It must feel really good to know that all your hard work has paid off. I hope that in the future more hardworking and talented people get to have an asteroid named after them. Naming asteroids in honor of amazing people will help encourage others to work hard as well.

September 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Who among the people who have an asteroid named after them is most inspiring to you? What are their accomplishments?

September 17, 2021 5:49 pm

This is so cool! I had no idea that people were naming asteroids after astronauts. Using a different title that relates more to naming asteroids would definitely draw more people in!

3
0
()