In the article “VOTES REJECTED IN TEXAS PRIMARY” McGraw Hill shows how Texas made many ballot rejections this spring due to lack of documents.  In Texas, some voting began where the inhabitants who are voting and are being asked for their insurance number or driver’s license.  This in order to identify the person who is voting and ensure that it is them and not another person who is only using their identity.  I think this is somewhat counterintuitive, since I don’t know why the government wants to make sure whether or not it is that person.  I believe that they will do this in order to be able to find more immigrants and to be able to check their records to see if at any time they have broken any state law.  I really believe that this is going to cause a controversy in many people, which may even cause many people not to vote and that the Texas government will have to remove this law.

This topic brings up a lot of thoughts about what the Texas government plans to do.  Many people will hesitate to give their personal information, since it is very risky for them to send very important documents, where they risk their personal identities.  So I think that might be one of the reasons why Texans may be against it.

What do you think are the goals of the Texas government with this new law?

0
()