Most of us are involved in some type of sport or activity that takes up most of our time. Well, if we didn’t have activities such as football or in my case cheer, what would happen?

Many argued that our exercise levels would decrease because sports are sometimes the main source of exercise for most of us. Not only would our health be affected but also our economy. In some cities in the United States a big factor of income comes from big sporting events that profit the city.

Some cities have pointed out that without the money that is produced from the local sports events, the would be in debt. Also, relating to America, America already has an obesity rating so imagine how big the problem would be if we didn’t have the biggest source that most people exercise.

Overall, not having sports in our life would result in a very negative outcome for our society. We are constantly obsessing over our favorite sports teams & putting most of our time into playing our favorite sport.

https://psmag.com/imagining-an-america-without-sports-5943b54890f8#.wnzp1aclz

September 14, 2021 3:06 pm

Dear Markie:
I am intrigued with your post, “What would happen if we didn’t have sports?,” because you made good points on the bad effect that would happen if sports ended.Not only will it have the community and school lose money but memories . These memories are good so people from communities and schools can bond. Also you are right it helps students be healthy. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Overall, not having sports in our life would result in a very negative outcome for our society.” I think this is important because it makes the point across that not having sports is a bad thing.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I enjoyed your topic on how not having sports would affect us. 
Eliana 

September 6, 2021 1:31 am

Dear Markie,

I agree with your post “What would happen if we didn’t have sports?” because sports bring more than just playing for a team or school program. Sports benefit us and we don’t see it often just as you said, exercise levels will decrease and our health will be affected as well. Without sports it will affect all people and also the economy. One thing that stood out to me was, “Also, relating to America, America already has an obesity rating so imagine how big the problem would be if we didn’t have the biggest source that most people exercise” I think this is very interesting because this means there is a high rating that people are not exercising and its affecting there wight/health. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because sports play a big role in our health and society. Sports should be  promoted more so people can join and try to get in better shape.

Dear Markie,
I agree with your post, Sports is beneficial in many aspects. Sports provide jobs, money, and even entertainment. The NBA generated about $8.76 billion in revenue. That is the NBA alone imagine the money FIFA, NFL, and Ufc generate each year. This shows the impact sports have from a financial standpoint. Sports is beneficial health-wise, it helps you reach your fitness goals and maintain a healthy weight. So without sports, our life would be different.

September 5, 2020 6:01 am

Dear Markie,
I actually agree with your post “What would happen if we didn’t have sports?” because sports are popular whether you play or not. People enjoy sports by actively participating in them or just watch for entertainment. I personally love sports, I actually play basketball. Playing basketball helps relieve stress from school and it keeps me active. Without sports many lives would be affected, just like right now with our current situation with the Coronavirus it shows how life is without sports. With the whole pandemic, sports were canceled both professional and school sports. Like you said without sports, it causes negative outcomes. Professional athletes basically didn’t have their jobs, students lost their sports season, and others weren’t able to go out and exercise. Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing you write next because I like the points you made in your writing. It just shows how we live enjoying something, but when it’s taken away from us we can be physically and emotionally affected.
-Yamile

sistema de medicos en guatemala
sistema de medicos en guatemala
August 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for your site.
You have some really good posts and I feel I would be a good asset.
If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like
to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.

Please shoot me an email if interested.
Thank you!

romanoA
romanoA
August 15, 2020 9:13 am

sexy hairy pussy pantyhose https://twitter.com/hashtag/hosiery sexy girls in thick black tights

Sean
May 14, 2019 6:02 pm

I find your research on sports effect on life in general very interesting and informative. It’s effect on business, obesity rating and society is of without question. I myself one a blog with a similar topic as your text, I focus on the specific sport of basketball and the positive effect it can have on poor societies specifically the repression of gang violence here’s a link to my blog: https://wordpress.com/view/icanhandle444147763.wordpress.com

Octavio
March 5, 2018 4:43 pm

Dear Markie, if there weren’t any sports life would be pretty boring…watching sport is entertainment to some people. I agree with all the points stated in your piece.

Karthik
Karthik
April 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Markie, I completely agree that without sports, our life would be much more different. I think sports are something that everyone needs. Not only it gives us a some valuable lessons such as sportsmanship, but it also helps our body to be healthy. Sports can also help increase concentration levels as well as reduce stress by releasing hormones called endorphins (which are happy hormones). There’s a common misconception that playing sports can affect study time and grades for school. But as a high school student, I have noticed that when I play tennis during the fall season, my grades are much better than the spring season when I don’t play tennis that often. Due to this, we should hope that sports are there forever.

KeJahn
October 7, 2016 12:17 am

Dear,Markie :
I am intrigued by your post because it had a lot of good points on athletes and school “What would happen if we didn’t have sports” what i liked about it was the points to where you explained how it made athletes feel overwhelmed with playing a sport and doing work in school.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Not only would our health be affected but also our economy” I think this is important because this helps kids with obesity and things and help us all as a whole.
Another sentence that I was stunned by: “Some cities have pointed out that without the money that is produced from the local sports events, the would be in debt” This stood out for me because sports bring lots of money to our communities and it keeps a lot of kids out of trouble.
Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. I rememeber when we had a discussion about how they had talked about sports doing us well and our community in after school when they were thinking about stopping after school programs.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this post caught my attention on the way you put sports and school with the right information. I liked it a lot because it showed a lot of ways that school and sports have an effect on how we actually perform in school.

Jordan
Jordan
September 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Dear Markie,
I am interested in your essay because me I love sport, I love to play lots of sports. Some sports I play are football, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, etc. One thing that stands out to me is when you said, ” Overall, not having sports in our life would result in a very negative outcome for our society.” This stands out to me because without having sports in our society I also believe it will have a huge impact in a negative way to our kids. Your essay reminds me of something that happen to me. One time, When I was young I played for a team called the Spartans. They did not have enough players to get a baseball team and it was to late to join another team. It effected me because I could not play one of my favorite sports.

Kamron
September 27, 2016 10:28 pm

Dear Markie,
I am showing my concerns because there is some people that feel the same way about what you wrote in the post.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Many argued that our exercise levels would decrease because sports are sometimes the main source of exercise for most of us.” I think this is true because people would not work out if they didn’t have a favorite hobby to do
Your post reminds me of how much practice I have to do for football. I practice 2 hours a day and go home to shoot at the gym. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this connection in my life.

Devin
Devin
September 21, 2016 3:39 pm

Dear Markie
thank you fro writing the paper
I agree with your points you made in this paper

Abi
Abi
September 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
14
0
()