In the article, “Is Video Gaming a Sport?” (Upfront) I learned that playing video games can have several benefits. It can improve our reflexes, strategic thinking, and attention spans. It is shocking to learn how much esports have changed the dynamic of gaming in many ways. Often people find themselves asking whether esports is worth it. According to the article, esports can help pay for your college tuition. In fact, they have given out more than “$16 million” in scholarship money.

I think video games do have a lot of benefits. Esports is gaining popularity quickly and is rising and it isn’t no surprise. Lots of people love video games, including me, and I believe it should be incorporated into schools since they provide benefits. Esports are gaining more viewers than most people expect. I believe it should be considered a sport.

Do you also think video gaming should be considered a sport?

Emmanuel Velasco
August 30, 2022 2:34 am

Dear Yaseen :

I am interested with your post, “Should Video Gaming Be Considered a Sport?” because it is impressive how much video games have evolved in these past few years. Video games went from having fun with friends, to be one of the most competitive platforms in the world. Many kids dream of becoming the best gamers in the world.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It can improve our reflexes, strategic thinking, and attention spans” I think this is impressive because most adults see that video games are a waste of time when, in most cases, it really helps develop your skills. I agree that video games do improve your quick reaction time, strategic thinking, thinking under pressure, and concentration spans.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like your revolutionary ideas. I believe that you can change the perception of video games becoming a sport. I would like to know more about what ideas you have on video games.

Emmanuel

1
0
()