The Women’s soccer team has been fighting to get paid the same amount as the Men’s soccer team does. They are fighting for this because they believe that since they qualified for more World Cups that they should get the same pay as the Men’s or even more. At the end of February of 2022, the Women’s soccer team won the lawsuit and they are now getting paid over 22 million in back pay.

In my opinion, if the Women’s soccer team is going to more World Cups than the Men’s team then they deserve to get more or as much as the Men’s team gets paid. I don’t think they should’ve sued and kept having to ask to get higher equal pay. I believe the people who run everything should’ve known that equal pay was a good thing and that everyone deserves equal pay or higher pay.

September 6, 2022 5:37 pm

Dear Lexany,
I am interested in your post, “Should the US Women’s Soccer Team get equal pay?” because I also agree with this logic that these women going to the world cup should get equal pay just as men. I think these women should get those equal rights just as men just because they are also playing the same sport.

One Sentence that you stood out to me was, “I believe the people who run everything should’ve known that equal pay was a good thing and that everyone deserves equal pay or higher pay.”I think this is interesting because it is true that people who run the system of money should know that we all have equal rights even if we are of the opposite gender.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I think it is interesting how you support your argument.

Last edited 4 months ago by Stefanie

1
0
()