The article, “Should Covid Vaccines Be Mandatory?” explains whether or not the government should force people to get vaccinated. With the Covid-19 pandemic, thousands of people have died from it, leaving the U.S. to take action by approving and providing two Covid vaccines. If a sufficient amount of people take the vaccine, it can not only decrease the spread of Covid but potentially end it. Yet many are still in disagreement with these vaccines.  

Those in favor that think the Covid-19 vaccine should be mandatory say it is a civic duty to take the vaccine which is why the government should make it mandatory. They believe that the vaccines will help achieve immunity as it’s a safe and effective tool. The pandemic will not end if only a certain percent of the population is vaccinated while the rest aren’t. 

On the other hand, those that think it’s not necessary to make the vaccine mandated have many opinions about it. Certain people do not trust the vaccine or any vaccines in general. Many people are also scared of any future side effects that will come across in the long run. They think that the best way to reduce the virus is to reach herd immunity. Forcing vaccines on the people will only make them less likely to get vaccinated as there are also many others that do not trust the government.  

What are your thoughts, should the government make it mandatory for everyone to get the Covid-19 vaccine?

Gabriel
February 23, 2021 5:59 am

I am very impressed about, your post ,”Should the Covid-19 Vaccines Be Mandatory?
” because the government creating the covid vaccine is cool. I find it weird that people will not take the covid vaccine for the benefit of society.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ if a sufficient amount of people take the vaccine, it can not only decrease the spread of Covid but potentially end it..” I think this is surprising because if everyone were to take the vaccine the spread will only go so far and it will stop from spreading and it will save a lot of lives.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I found your post interesting. I learned new information from your post.

February 22, 2021 7:47 am

Yamile, I enjoyed your post discussing the covid vaccine and whether or not it should be mandatory. I really like how you included both sides of the argument in the article. It is very difficult for people to do that , especially nowadays, and be able to correctly argue from each side. Though I agree that the vaccine should be mandated, it helps to see the other side of the argument rather than just assume your opinion is automatically correct.

February 20, 2021 3:36 am

thath is united states they already sccarred a covid 19 vaccine and thah it was approbed because it worked and pepole now use it

Victor
February 18, 2021 11:22 pm

Dear Yamile :
I am astonished about, your post ,”Should the Covid-19 Vaccines Be Mandatory?
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ Certain people do not trust the vaccine or any vaccines in general. Certain people do not trust the vaccine or any vaccines in general.” I think this is surprising because the vaccines are required to pass several test. Why would they not trust them after many trial and errors.
Victor

Help on Youth Voices
4
0
()

Connect with