In the article, “Should Student Debt Be Forgiven?” (BTW, admin on May 20, 2022) I have learned that President Biden is continuing a policy, former President Donald Trump had made during the Covid-19 pandemic to forgive student debt and not charge college students thousands of dollars for an education. This situation has caused some uprising in republicans but Democrats have a totally opposite reaction to this policy and are loving it. Some negative ways people see this could lead are it only adding on the more national debt, and that it is utterly unfair to past graduates who worked hard to pay off their loans and debt. Though On the other hand, Democrats, see it as a way that no more students or even future students have to endure what older graduates have gone through. Having that ability to have saved up money for other cost expenses, from family, food, etc.

My take on this hot decision is YES. I personally think what President Biden is doing is great, creating a new era where students will n longer fear the idea of college for its obscene costs and financial drain. Yet again I do see its potential negatives but that could be fixed in another way. Im just trying to get an education that won’t strain me during or after.  What would you decide and what do you think?

Do you think it’s okay to forgive student debt?

0
()