In the article “You Decide: School Social Media Free Speech Case” I learned that this 14-year-old girl named Brandi Levy didn’t make the cheer team and made very horrible posts/ said very mean things about the school for not making the team. After making these posts the school then punished her by suspending her from any form of cheerleading for a year. They then went on to say that Levy wasn’t on school grounds when she did this nor did she use school technology to publish what she posted. Levy’s parents filed a lawsuit and they won and Levy was back on the cheer team.

What I think about this is that no matter if she was on school grounds or not that she should have been kept off the team because what she posted ruined the whole school’s reputation. Her posting didn’t bring any good to the school and made the school look bad. The court should have brought to light what she did wrong and not let her engage in fun things for doing what she did.

0
()