In the article “Should schools punish off-campus cyberbullying” (Upfront, PATCHIN, 2017 PDF) I learned that 53 percent of voters voted no to schools not being able to control cyberbullying off campus. while on the other hand there is 47 percent voted yes to schools being able to take action against campus cyberbullying. well in my beliefs I believe that a school should be able to punish students for off-campus cyberbullying since there could be side effects to someone’s mental health if you are being bullied. you may experience stress, depression, anxiety, and even loss of confidence as well as low self-esteem due to the fact of being bullied. A student won’t be able to concentrate at school with some many things going on in them and a school not being able to help. A school is like a student home since we are there mostly the time so I believe it’s only fair for the school to make us feel welcome and safe.Do you believe schools should be in power to control off-campus cyberbullying?
I think what is happening is that through the years cyberbullying has become such a big strong issue impacting students and may impact their learning ability since they have too many problems going on that’s why there are people voting either yes or no to schools taking power to someone that’s cyberbullying off campus .just image students feeling broken and going for help and there school not being able to do something would make them think that the school system isn’t creating a safe and peaceful environment for those students that are being victims of cyberbullying.