In the article ” A day off for Mental Health” I read that students have moments where they feel like the whole world is coming down on them. Many teenagers have a long schedule and have to follow the same routine everyday that it gets to the pont where is it very hard to handle and keep going.Many students are facing high level of stress that some states are allowing students to declare a mental health day. In 2022 a Mental Health advocacy group interviewed students with the top 3 things that would be helpful for their mental health and many of them said they would a day to take a mental health break or absence from school.

After reading this article I believe that having mental health days would really help many students out. It is very difficult to go to school 5 times a week and if there was a way for students to just take a break once and a while to keep their minds healthier mental health days would be perfect. Especially since the whole pandemic has caused a lot of harm taking a day off from school would ease the minds of those who are going through a difficult time.

What do you think about schools having a day off for mental health?

Clarissa
September 14, 2022 11:17 pm

Dear Sayra:

I am very intrigued by your post “Should schools provide days off for mental health?” ,because there are many teenagers out there who are facing high levels of stress. As well as what they agreed on would be a way to relieve their stress.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is “It is very difficult to go to school 5 times a week and if there was a way for students to just take a break once and a while to keep their minds healthier, mental health days would be perfect.” I think this is very important because students should focus on mental health because it will help to focus in class better. If they took a break just to focus on their mental health then their stress levels could decrease. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because This is an important topic I think everyone should talk about. Everyone should make sure to take care of their health because I think it’s a very important thing in life. 

Clarissa

August 30, 2022 3:35 am

I think it would really be helpful for schools to provide days off for mental health because their are some students that might need a break during the week if they can’t complete going to school the whole week because of stress. Giving students the prospect of having days off from mental health can have big benefits. What I also think on the other hand also is mental health days should be once in a while. Mental health shouldn’t be to avoid problems or work from school because skipping important assignments like tests can make the problem worse.

April 26, 2022 9:12 pm

Dear Sayra,
I am moved by your post on should schools provide days off for mental health because it makes sense not a lot of people know that teens need breaks sometimes. So I think it would be really beneficial. I am sure we will see improvements in our grades because we will be able to have time to rest our minds and still do our work on the day off.

One sentence that stands out to me is “Many teenagers have a long schedule and have to follow the same routine everyday that it gets to the point where is it very hard to handle and keep going” The reason this stood out to me because as a student athlete I know how hard it was to have to do things in a regierous schedule or else I will fall behind in classes and in soccer.

3
0
()