Students online speech should not be limited because classmates can help each other. For example, Sameer Hinduja and Justin Patchin show us that girls are more active to bully people. Then the girls could get in trouble so they won’t have the class code. Also students online speech should not be limited because if your classmate does not go to school then you can talk to him online to catch him up with the work. Another example can be J.S. Blue Mountain School District because this kids made a profile about the teacher and they got a ten day out-of-school suspension.

After that I say this because people that post things online get in trouble. Then students online speech should not be limited because its a youth communication so young people can help each other out of the questions they may have. For example, Laura W. Murphy and Michael W. Macleod-Bell state that the internet presents new ways for young people to communicate so they would know what will be needed in class the next day.This is why I state that students online speech should not be limited. Then I also say to not limit this because it violates the 1st Amendment.

Also This should not be limited because this can be a way so students can express themselves. After that this can not be a widespread problem. Then this also does not really disrupt the learning environment. Also like adults don’t really understand the thing we do in class. After that this will be a way so young people can communicate to each other to help each other out.

Anika
February 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Armando, I really like where you’re going with this argument. I agree with you to an extent that speech should not be limited, but what about in the instances in which cyber-bullying is happening? Does it still apply then? I agree that in most cases students’ speech online should not be controlled by the school, but there might be some cases where the school does need to step in. Great job!

1
0
()