woman in pink jacket lying on gray couch

In the article, “ Naps at school” (Upfront) I learned that at Las Cruces High School in New mexico, they offered to the students to take a nap during the school time, they offered to take naps during school to address the growing awareness that a lack of sleep of the teens and to have the ability to do well in school.  In the document they mention, “  Las Cruces students are allowed to use the pods- comfortable chairs with movable canopies for privacy for 20-minute snoozes when they’re feeling especially tired, before heading back to class.” I think this is a great idea because the students have the opportunity to rest for 20 minutes when they are tired, and then go back to class. 

I think it is an amazing idea because this can help students to take a nap when they are feeling quite tired, and they have the opportunity to do better at school. They should offer this in more schools, so students can have the additional time to rest, and this is a great idea because when the students are taking a quiz they should have a 20 minutes nap. 

What do you think of this idea?

April 30, 2022 12:01 am

Dear Monica:
I am intrigued by your post, Should school offer to the students take a nap during school time?”, because when students have the chance to take a nap they return to class less tired. Many students may sleep late because of school work and may wake up early and that is why they are tired when they go to school. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “In the document they mention, “ Las Cruces students are allowed to use the pods- comfortable chairs with movable canopies for privacy for 20-minute snoozes when they’re feeling especially tired, before heading back to class.” I think this is interesting because when students get rest they aren’t tired afterwards. I also think that students should be offered to take naps in school so they won’t sleep in class.

1
0
()