In the article “ Are Pro Athletes Overpaid?” I learned that pro athletes are highly paid. There are some who think they are paid way more than people who save lives, school teachers, and emergency nurses. Jesse Spector a sportswriter thinks they should pay a special tax that would help fund better salaries for those who save lives because he thinks pro athletes get paid too much just to toss a ball around. However, it’s important to remember that those athletes are an essential part of profitable companies. Without the players, the famous leagues wouldn’t exist. Millions of people wouldn’t waste their time and money if it weren’t for these professional athletes that worked hard to get where they are now.

I think pro athletes are not overpaid they put their lives on the line some of these sports can be dangerous if you think about it. The truth is though some of these professional athletes get highly paid because people are happy to pay money to be entertained by their favorite teams and sports play. 

Do you think pro athletes are overpaid?

January 18, 2021 4:05 am

Dear Ashley:

I am very interested in your writing “Should pro athletes be getting paid more than those who save lives?” because as one grows up surrounded by sports, many people go out of their way to pursue a high career in playing professional sports. Yes, some may get paid more than those who seek a higher education level but both careers are putting their lives on the line when they go to play or for work purposes. All the higher wages solely depend on the player and their achievements and the same goes for someone in say a medical field.

One sentence that caught my attention was “…because he thinks pro athletes get paid too much to toss a ball around.” This really caught my attention because those players do not just throw a ball just to have fun but because it is their living and they are supporting the team and company they are intended for.

Thank you for writing about this topic and will look forward to your next writing because I like seeing the comparisons that others make on worldwide careers.

December 7, 2020 5:09 am

Dear Ashley,
Athletes are not overpaid, Their salaries are based on how they are as a player and how they play. All sports have serious risks. Athletes’ salaries are high because of the people who go watch all the gear/ food they buy all goes to the team organization. Also, sponsors give money to Organizations and free gear, so that means less money to spend on new gear, etc. This gives Organizations a lot of extra spending money for their athletes and all that.

December 4, 2020 11:12 pm

Dear Ashley,

I Enjoyed reading your Should pro athletes be getting paid more than those who save lives? Post because I agree that they are one of the main reasons why many people spend lots of money to spectate this type of entertainment. One of your sentences that stands out to me is ¨I think pro athletes are not overpaid they put their lives on the line some of these sports can be dangerous if you think about it¨. I liked this sentence because sports players do kind of do risk their lives because if they get hit by a baseball for example they could get seriously injured depending on where it hits you. Thanks for your post I will be looking forward to seeing your future posts

Bryan N

Luisa
November 24, 2020 5:01 am

Dear Ashley:
I don’t agree with you that athletes aren’t overpaid because athletes get contracts with millions of dollars while people like health care workers, social workers get paid less. I understand they put their life on the line to get a chance to play the sport they love and show off to the world their talent but what about the healthcare worker? they should at least be paid very well not the same as Athletes but have a reasonable and good price income.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like hearing different opinions from others and I liked how you gave the reason as to why you believe this.

November 13, 2020 12:40 am

Ashley, I really enjoyed your post about the salary of professional athletes. In the midst of the pandemic as an avid baseball fan myself, I have found myself debating between the same question; however, I never considered the companies behind the players. While personally, I cannot see the salaries changing in the future, I believe the wages should be more evened out between the two professions.

5
0
()