I mean, for me, I think people should have guns only if they are responsible for it cause it’s not the guns fault that kills people it’s the people whos behind the gun. You make the choice of pulling the trigger or not. The gun will not be pulling the trigger cause it’s impossible. But if you have a gun you just have to be really careful and keep it locked up if you not going to use it. So no one can grab it.  

I know that we are still going to be fighting about this topic because people think that we shouldn’t have guns. But if you think about it police officers be killing more people than any other people. But we don’t say anything like that’s unfair cause they can kill but not get charged. They will not get charged because they will be making random stories up so they can cover them up. But if you think about it “The police cannot protect everyone all of the time. 61% of men and 56% of women surveyed by Pew Research said that stricter gun laws would “make it more difficult for people to protect their homes and families.” People should have the right to protect themselves too cause police officers to take so so long to come to the scene and then if you think about it they will be dead when they will arrive so like wheres our safety. 

But if we do put more gun control laws people will not obey them no matter what because we shouldn’t have so many laws about gun control. Cause if we do then what’s the point of even having a gun and then even officers should obey them no matter what. Cause people are still going to buy them but not use them like that. Like some people collect them for fun. 

Here is my link if you want to read more about the gun control.

https://gun-control.procon.org/

image_pdfimage_printPrint this page.

November 2, 2020 2:03 am

Hey Geraldo, I agree with your comment to an extent. I do agree that bad people will find ways to produce and obtain guns despite what ever laws are created to prevent them from doing so. But I do think that we need a revision on the process to obtain one legally. There should be more test and evaluations on everything about the one attempting to obtain a gun, especially their mental state. Currently I believe that there is only a background check at the time you purchase the gun that takes about half an hour. I think that there should be a full mental health assessment by a doctor before purchasing a gun and periodically after obtaining said gun.

October 31, 2020 6:21 am

Dear Gerardo, I like what you wrote about this topic because people should know about guns in America. Guns can be used in a good way to protect yourself and others around you. If you have a gun you should be very responsible with it. I agree that we should put more gun control laws as well. Guns in America are a very big thing as we all know of what has been going on in the past years.

I agree with being responsible for a handgun, but it’s not a matter of owning one. The age requirement for having a gun in California is 21, yet its purpose should be for self-defense only. Not just because someone wants to show off, nor should they be allowed to pull a trigger for no reason at all. I agree that Police Officers overdue their ¨Gun Control¨ but that doesn’t give a reason for citizens to carry a weapon. Many might get the wrong idea if they were to see someone with a gun; casually walking down the street. Owning a HandGun is a huge responsibility, and to those who own one ¨Props¨ because there are many disagreements regarding this issue.

Dear Gerardo,
I like what you wrote about this topic, “Gun Control” because a lot of people will disagree and agree with you about this topic. I agree with you because we should be able to take care of our family when we are in a dangerous situation. I think the Police officers should always have a gun because there job is very dangerous and they never know when someone will have a gun. I agree with you that only responsible people should carry a gun but if they have kids then they should put it in a safe.

Karenhaish
Karenhaish

Tiger Double Stand Challenge рџ’ЄрџЏј

Help on Youth Voices
5
0
()