Mary
December 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Patricia, This is a very interesting topic you chose. Immigration is a very touchy subject so I’m glad you took the time to talk about it. I think the article makes two valid point. Many immigrants did come illegally but it’s wrong for us to just throw them out where they could end being in worse shape. Also many of them that came here were trying to escape something, so they had no choice but to come here. I think it would also be interesting to look at what percentage of immigrants have come in America in the last year and why to beef up your argument. Hope to see more of your writing in the future.

Mary
Reply to  Mary
December 11, 2018 6:52 pm

I forgot to put this quote in my comment that I liked, “It is unrealistic and inhumane to deport these individuals from their families and lives in the United States. These immigrants should be offered a path to legal status and eventually earned citizenship.”
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/frequently-requested-statistics-immigrants-and-immigration-united-states

Abigail

Patricia, you bring up a very controversial subject in today’s politics. I agree with you though. Our current challenges with immigration are tearing the country apart. We are a land built of immigrants, and I do not think we should start closing our borders now. Maybe, in order lessen the problems of illegal immigration, we should make legal immigration more obtainable. Therefore, those who would have snuck in illegally would be given another option. I found looking at the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website to be very informative on this subject. I can’t wait to read your writing in the future

3
0
()