In the article, “Should America Still Welcome Immigrants” (upfront,Goser,2020)it discusses the pros and cons of having Immigrants come here in the United States. It states as part of the pros is that immigrants leave their old life to come start a new one which requires them to accept the challenges they will face. These “are the kind of dreamers who have helped build our nation for generations”. It also states that immigrants are just like any American we all feel, experience, grow, eat, & most importantly we all dream. The cons to this is that during hard times immigrants would take jobs for those Americans that are United States citizens. Having immigrants would just add to the population and would give Americans less of an opportunity to have a job.

In my opinion i think immigrants should be welcomed in the United states for multiple reasons. Immigrants are just like any other citizens in this country. They do the same thing every other human does and they should get the opportunity to better their lives. They come here with nothing and still manage to get back onto their feet, they work tirelessly to provide for their families, they work as a team, and they come here with goals to achieve. Immigrants are the backbone of America, they increase the labor force. They work in any condition they are put to work in. You will hardly see an immigrant standing outside a stop light asking for money. What you will see is them selling flowers, fruit, bracelets, asking for a job or even simply performing some talent to gain some money. Also going back to the statement of them taking jobs, they don’t take American jobs they gain them with their work ethics. So YES on Immigrants being welcomed in America.

What do you think? Should immigrants be welcomed?

Natalia
November 18, 2022 6:32 pm

Wow! What a powerful post. Your voice is strong! I especially love these lines:
¨You will hardly see an immigrant standing outside a stop light asking for money. What you will see is them selling flowers, fruit, bracelets, asking for a job or even simply performing some talent to gain some money. Also going back to the statement of them taking jobs, they don’t take American jobs they gain them with their work ethics. So YES on Immigrants being welcomed in America.¨

Dear Dayana,
I am stunned by your post, “Should immigrants be welcome?” because I also agree that immigrants should be allowed into the US for many reasons. I think that having a better life opportunity is something significant to people and immigrants should have a chance to be in the US for that.

One sentence that stood out to me was, “They come here with nothing and still manage to get back onto their feet, they work tirelessly to provide for their families, they work as a team, and they come here with goals to achieve. Immigrants are the backbone of America, they increase the labor force.” I thought this was an interesting statement because these immigrants that come to the US are the ones that work more.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I think that it is interesting the way you support your argument.

2023 Alvaro (Nico) Ruiz Gomez

I agree. Believe that all immigrants should also be welcomed. I think you make a clear and strong point. Immigration was always a strong pillar in America. This article was really interesting and thoughtful. This shows how Immigrants don’t take jobs, but they gain them with a work ethic. I agreed and felt like it’s an important issue that affects all of us indirectly. I would recommend you the article “How an ‘inherited’ work ethic shapes some workers” which talks about the experiences that some immigrants have to go through related to their work ethic. I think it would contribute to your point.

October 11, 2022 3:05 am

dear dayana

I agree with your post Should immigrants be welcome? since immigrants come to this country for a better future for themselves and possibly for their family who stayed in their country.a sentence you said that caught my attention was immigrants should be welcomed in the United states because it really is the truth.Finally, when answering your question, in my opinion, if immigrants have to be welcomed in the United States, well, I liked your post a lot, keep it up

orlando

Dear Dayana,
I was really inspired by your post “Should Immigrants be Welcome” because all the things you have stated are true.

Immigrants are the backbone of America, they are willing to work at any cost to support not only their family here but the one they left back in their home country. The statement that really stood out to me was ” You will hardly see an immigrant standing outside a stop light asking for money. What you will see is them selling flowers, fruit, bracelets, asking for a job, or even simply performing some talent to gain some money. ” Now that I think about it I’ve never seen a Hispanic asking for money but working for the money.
To answer your question I think Immigrants should be welcomed into the United States.

Because the “United States” were built by immigrants leaving the United Kingdom for freedom and better lives. Which is what most immigrants come here for. Therefore, why should they deny immigrants now and not back then?

Omar
October 9, 2022 12:44 am

Dear Dayana,

I am intrigued by your post “Should Immigrants be Welcome?” because it is such a well-known topic that has a lot of opinions.

I think the sentence that stood out to me the most was when you said that “they come here with nothing and still manage to get back onto their feet.” This is a statement that I am sure many people in the community of Orange Cove as well as other primarily Hispanic communites can relate to as most of our parents immigrated here with little to nothing to seek better lives for themselves and loved ones. I think since we are considered the beacon of the world, it is only right to let immigrants into our country to allow them to pursue and live the American dream.

Thank you for writing. I was very intrigued by your writing and I hope that you continue writing about other real-world topics that relate to our community.

Omar

Kyla
Kyla

Hi Dayana, I am very pleased by your article, “Should immigrants be welcome?” I think we share valid opinions about why immigrants should be allowed in America.They should share the same rights as any citizen should. They deserve equal oprotunity to make better for themselves.I also agree about immigrants being the backbone of America, alot of things would not be here without them and they help to shape the U.S..

Omar
Reply to  Kyla
October 9, 2022 12:48 am

Dear Kyla,

Your reply to this post is very agreeable. I think we share the opinion that immigrants share the same rights as any U.S. citizen should. At the end of the day, we are all human and we all share the same rights no matter what. I think the claim that immigrants are the backbone of America is very reasonable as well. Immigrants take jobs most citizens won’t and they help our country function the way it should.

8
0
()