person holding two baseballs

High School Sports is only around for 4 years for a student. High School sports really form who you are as a person. I say this because I am a student-athlete.

Sports impacts you by teaching you that you should grind no matter what. Due to the impact of COVID-19, there has been a talk about canceling High School sports for the 20-21 school year.

They are worried about the health of all the students who are athletes. For some seniors, it’s their make or break year. Some seniors have the shot to go play college sports but their senior season is highly needed. Athletes can just record themselves doing drills and all but nothing compares to game film.

Sports keep students active and healthy all the time. Let me remind you again high school sports only happens four times in your lifetime. It is really sad to take away sports for students.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

1. Ocean 3 days ago

Dear Cristian, I totally agree with you, it’s very sad that High school sports are cancelled and it ruins Sports for kids who were looking forward for to trying out or participating. However, we need to be safe and limit the spread of Covid-19 so that we have a chance to participate in highschool sports.

I look forward from hearing more from you!

2. Antonio 1 week ago

Hello there Cristian, I´m intrigued about the question and the post as well. Personally, I have never played sports in my life because I never got interested in the idea of it at all. But I can say this, I do think that school sport should be canceled indefinitely. The reason is that it simple, the safely of the players, coaches, and the spectators themselves can´t be compromised in any way during the pandemic which I personally call the plague itself. Thank you for your time and reading this comment, I appreciate it

3. Madram Ahmed 2 weeks ago

Dear Cristian,

I agree with the fact that there’s only four years of high school that we have to play and we can’t give up everything now because of the pandemic happening around the world. For many seniors this is their year of hard work and this is the year were they put all their hard work and make it count. Many athletes have to get the chance to play their last year and shoot their shot to making it pro. This year is not the year we let down everything we worked hard for. We can’t let go now we have to get the chance to play sports for the last time and for those who want to make something out of the game they like. Many athletes get their scholarships from playing sports and some athletes have a chance of making it pro. I strongly believe that we should get this opportunity to play sports for the last time and chase our dreams.
    I really enjoyed reading about his topic because this connects to me personal and I would love to hear more about what’s going to happen for those seniors.

4. Juan 2 weeks ago

Dear Cristian,

I am very interested by your post, “Should High School Sports Be Cancelled Because of Covid-19” because not only did you state the fact that high school sports are limited but you also mentioned that it builds character within the person. I think it’s sensational as well thar you gave the fact that you too are a high school student athlete and you made it connections within the topic.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Some seniors have the shot to go play college sports but their senior season is highly needed.” I think that this is important to all the athletes trying to go pro because they are in a disadvantage due to the pandemic going around.

Thank you for you writing, I’d love to hear more about you and your personal connections, experiences with topics like this.

Juan