In the article “Should Covid Vaccines Be Mandatory?”, two intellectuals, W. Ian Lipkin and Michael Cannon, who have knowledge of medicine give their opinions whether or not the vaccine should be mandatory. The U.S. has approved the vaccination of Covid in December and has gave it to health care workers first.

The vaccination might resolve the pandemic. Lipkin believes that the vaccine should be mandatory because the vaccination will be safe and give us immunity and it can control the virus. There are others that say that everyone needs to be exposed to the virus to have immunity but we don’t know how long their immunity will last and we down know if they will survive the virus.

Cannon on the other hand believes that the vaccine should not be mandatory because the vaccine may resolve the pandemic but there may be people who do not want to take it because they are scared. The people are scared to take the vaccine because they don’t trust the government and they don’t want to take it against their will.

I think that it shouldn’t be mandatory to people because you wouldn’t want to take something against your will. But I guess it just depends who you are and if you believe or trust in medicine. If I can take the vaccine I would take it. I believe that the vaccine will control the virus and one day everything can go back to normal. Would you take the vaccine?

1. Ashley 2 weeks ago

Dear Heidi,
    I am intrigued by your post ” Should covid vaccines be Mandatory” because I also believe the vaccine should not be mandatory. I feel that anyone should have a choice for this vaccine because we all really don’t know if these vaccines are even good for us or not. Many experts have different opinions on this topic but how do we know who’s right.
    One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me is ” The people are scared to take the vaccine because they don’t trust the government and they don’t want to take it against their will.” I think this is true because so many say bad things about our government.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I find these topics interesting and I like how this topic is about what is going on in our world today.

2. Ricardo 2 weeks ago

Dear Heidi :
    I am fascinated by your post, “Should Covid Vaccines be Mandatory?,” there are 2 answers, and neither is wrong. It is understandable that many fear the vaccine and what is behind it. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ I believe that the vaccine will control the virus and one day everything can go back to normal.” I think this is fair because at the end of the day, we just want everything to go back to normal. At this point we don’t even know what normal is for us.Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because the idea you had behind this question was valid. I like how you understand both sides of this argument.
    Ricardo