football player in red jersey shirt and red pants

In the article “College Athletes” To Pay or Not to pay” (McGraw Hill) I learned that colleges are going to pass a law that would colleges students to get payed for students sports. This a great opportunity for future athletes. Paying athletes would eliminate the need for additional employment. This process gives them an opportunity to earn one in the future, but paying them for their service would allow them to concentrate on their studies and athletics without as many distractions. It also states how “Whether you agree with paying college athletes or not, the NCAA recently made the announcement that it will allow athletes to receive payment from corporations using their name or likeness.”

What do you think about this new policy colleges would be doing? Do you feel like what is happening is good or do you think it would be a bad idea?

I believe that colleges should pay students and here why. College athletes put their bodies on the line each game they play.Student-athletes generate serious revenue and paying college athletes would help to begin creating a sense of financial awareness. Sports take as much time as a fulltime job and college athletes us pay for expenses from their own pockets 

0
()